CBD COSMETICS: TERPENES
We are always looking and working with new ingredients to incorporate into our luxury CBD cosmetics products:- bath, beauty and skincare. To find out more about CBD, click here.
Terpenes are naturally-occurring compounds that are found in the trichomes of female cannabis plants, the trichomes are the part of the plant that contain the resin glands that produce terpenes. The cannabis plant contains more than 150 types of terpenes, most of which are present in trace amounts. There could be as many as 120 different cannabinoids stored in the trichomes in the flower of the cannabis plant. The most researched cannabinoids of the cannabis/ hemp plants are CBD and THC. To find out more about the potential benefits of CBD, click here.
Not only do terpenes give cannabis its unique scents, it has also been said that they produce a range of therapeutic and mood-altering effects beyond the feel-good and stress relief benefits that cannabis users report.
Terpenes have been identified as a new frontier in cannabis medicine. Until recently, the spotlight has been focused almost exclusively on the therapeutic qualities of cannabinoids, such as THC and CBD, but as our understanding of terpenes grows more sophisticated, it’s becoming apparent that these aromatic compounds are medicinal powerhouses too.
They all boast unique combinations of therapeutic properties. Unsurprisingly, some of the effects terpenes have on humans are evocative of their function in cannabis and other plants—like helping to fight off unwelcome microbes and pathogens.
Types of Terpenes
Although terpenes are secreted by the same glands as the cannabis plant’s cannabinoids, they are considered different entities with entirely different properties. Some common terpenes include:
- Beta-Caryophyllene has aromas of wood, pepper and spice and has potential medical benefits related to inflammation, pain and insomnia.
- Myrcene has been reported to be useful in reducing inflammation and chronic pain, which is why it’s usually recommended as a supplement during cancer treatments. It has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic qualities.
- Limonene has a citrusy smell that resembles lemons. For therapeutic purposes, limonene is known to improve mood and reduce stress. Researchers also found it to have antifungal and antibacterial properties and one research even found it to have a role in reducing tumour size. It helps with depression and anxiety with mood-boosting and stress-relieving effects.
- Pinene is known to help with inflammation, asthma and alertness.
- Linalool is also found in lavender, mint, cinnamon and coriander. It has very strong sedative and relaxing properties. Patients suffering from arthritis, depression, seizures, insomnia and even cancer, have reported benefits from usage.
- Caryophyllene can also be found in black pepper, cinnamon and cloves. Beta-caryophyllene binds to CB2 receptors, which makes it an ingredient in anti-inflammatory topicals and creams. Caryophyllene is the only terpene that binds to cannabinoid receptors.
- Alpha-bisabolol proved to be effective in treating bacterial infections and wounds, it is a great antioxidant with anti-irritation and analgesic properties.
- Eucalyptol is used in cosmetics as well as medicinal products. When it comes to its medical value, eucalyptol relieves pain but also slows the growth of bacteria and fungus.
A bit about our CBD bath, beauty and skincare products
Our range of 500mg-2000mg CBD isolate infused skin-care products offer a wealth of natural benefits and their versatility makes them a perfect addition to any beauty regime. The CBD isolate in our products has an abundance of benefits. To view and find out more about our product click here. Our luxurious range of CBD infused natural and handmade products are made to order, they are all certified as per Uk regulations, and are packed in eco-friendly packaging and an easy resealable container.
Access our Giveaway page here for prize information, and details on how to enter. Good Luck!
We offer free delivery on all orders over £50, we also offer discounts to CanCard holders and WTU members
We are pleased to announce the release of our Terpenes & CBD infused products click here to find out more!